The 2024 Cadillac Lyriq will boast a more refined lineup of trim levels compared to the first-year model luxury electric crossover, adding new high-level trims such as Sport to the existing Luxury RWD and Luxury AWD trims. Now, Cadillac Society have studied the completely new initial trim level that will be introduced for the 2024 Lyriq.
Interestingly, the Tech trim departs from Cadillac’s established Y-trim level strategy, representing an entirely new trim level not just for the Lyriq, but for the luxury brand as a whole. The Tech trim (1SA equipment group) will be positioned under the Luxury and Sport trim levels, and all three will be available in the US in rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive configurations.
The 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Tech is offering a Driver Assistance Package (build code YSS) as an optional extra. This package, standard on the Luxury and Sport trims, includes the following content (the relevant production codes are listed in brackets):
- Adaptive Cruise Control (KSG)
- HD Surround Vision Camera (UXP)
- Rear Pedestrian Warning (UKK)
- Side Cyclist Warning (UOW)
- Enhanced Automatic Parking Assist (UKZ)
- Power-adjustable, heated outside folding mirrors with driver’s side automatic dimming, integrated turn signal indicators and puddle lights (DXR)
- Intersection Automatic Emergency Braking (CTB)
- Digital Lock (MALE)
Also new for the 2024 model year are more equipment groups for the Luxury trim, including the 1SC, 1SD, and 1SE. The Sport trim, meanwhile, gets the 1SF, 1SJ, and 1SK equipment groups.
The following content is standard for the 2024 Cadillac Lyriq Luxury and Sport, but is not available at all on the new Tech trim (relevant production codes are listed in parentheses):
- Multi-colour interior ambient lighting (C70)
- Inner mirror auto-dimming (DD8)
- Rear Camera Mirror (standard on 1SE and 1SJ only) (DRZ)
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column (N38)
- Tech gets Manual tilt and telescoping steering column instead (N37)
- Heated steering wheel (KI3)
- Adaptive Headlamp System (UVG)
- Luminous doorknob (HD7)
- Slimline LED headlights with choreography (TGE)
- Automatic leveling headlight control system (TR7)
- Cornering light (T4Y)
- Lower rear spoiler
- LED choreographed taillights (TAU)
- Tech gets LED taillights instead (TAB)
- Front intermittent Rainsense wipers (CE1)
Thanks to the addition of the new Tech trim level, the 2024 Cadillac Lyriq will be less expensive than its 2023 version. In the US, the new Tech trim will have a starting price of $57,195 plus a $1,395 Destination Freight Charge (DFC), giving the model an MSRP starting at $58,590.
As a reminder, Lyriq uses the luxury marque’s BEV3 platform, and is assembled at its Spring Hill factory in Tennessee for all markets except China.
Want the latest Cadillac in every sense as it enters an all-electric future? Then subscribe Cadillac Society for Cadillac Lyriq news and the latest Cadillac news coverage. We also invite you to join the latest discussions on our Cadillac forums and Cadillac Lyriq forums.