Cadillac China sales increased four percent to 53,200 units during the fourth quarter of 2022.
Cadillac does not provide individual sales performance of its vehicles in China, but we do have the following information:
- China remains Cadillac’s largest volume market by sales volume, bigger than the United States market, which made 39,135 deliveries.
- The CT5 is the most popular Cadillac model in China, with sales growing 8.7 percent year-over-year
- Deliveries of the new Cadillac Lyriq started in September; these vehicles are increasingly popular in China
Throughout the 2022 calendar year, Cadillac China sales fell 16 percent to 194,100 units.
Sales Results – Q4 2022 – China – Cadillac
|MODEL||Q4 2022 / Q4 2021||Q4 2022||Q4 2021||YTD 2022 / YTD 2021||YTD 2022||YTD 2021|
Cadillac Society Take
After contracting for five straight quarters, Cadillac China sales saw a healthy rise during the fourth quarter of 2022, posting its first positive quarterly result since the middle of the 2021 calendar year. In this way, the luxury marque managed to stabilize its sales in China, despite the volatile environment. challenged due to the resurgence of COVID-19 in the Asian country.
The increase was driven by strong demand for the Cadillac CT5, which maintains and strengthens its position as the brand’s top-selling vehicle in the Chinese market. Although the automaker doesn’t share sales figures for individual models, it revealed that sales of the luxury sedan increased 8.7 percent from the previous year.
Meanwhile, Q4 represents the first full quarter the new Cadillac Lyriq is available in China, albeit in lower numbers. Shipments of the all-electric luxury crossover started across the Cadillac IQ chain of stores during the last week of September 2022. Volumes are still low, however, as GM works to increase the supply of Ultium batteries and Ultium motors.
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- Cadillac News
- Running Cadillac sales proceeds
- 2022 Cadillac Q4 sales results:
- Cadillac Q4 2022 US sales
- Cadillac Canada Sales Q4 2022
- Cadillac China Sales Q4 2022
- South Korean Cadillac Sales Q4 2022
- South Korea Cadillac Sales October 2022
- Cadillac South Korea November 2022 sales
- Cadillac South Korea sales December 2022
- Cadillac Mexico Q4 2022 sales
- Cadillac Russia sales Q4 2022
- Cadillac Russia October 2022 sales
- Cadillac Russia November 2022 sales
- Cadillac Russia December 2022 sales